Natalie Imbruglia has been unmasked as Panda on The Masked Singer tonight and crowned champion of the show for 2022.
The singer-songwriter and Neighbours actress was underneath the huge white and black fluffy costume to the shock of the judges.
Even Natalie herself looked rather stunned to be a part of the show when her mask finally came off.
Read more: Recap the final of the Masked Singer here
The finale of the singing battle welcomed back contestants from the first two series, including last year’s winner Joss Stone, who was unmasked as Sausage in 2021.
Joss joined the judging panel alongside Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan, Rita Ora and Davina McCall – all of whom were left gobsmacked when Panda took off their mask to reveal their true identity.
Panda gave final performances of Blank Space by Taylor Swift and One Direction’s Story of My Life to a rapt audience in the studio, before offering the final clue: “Something I once said was quite Frankenstein.”
Several ITV viewers thought Britain’s Got Talent judge Alesha Dixon was behind the mask.
Charlotte Church’s performance as Mushroom came second.
Church beat off stiff competition in the final in the form of Westlife singer Mark Feehily as Robobunny to claim the runner-up spot.
She said she had “absolutely loved being mushroom”.
In a tweet she later wrote: “I absolutely loved being your Mushroom, what a joy to be a part of something so focused on singing, which I love! Congrats to the darling Panda and everyone else who took part!”
Masked Singer clues before the final
- Mushroom once said that they can take many forms
- They must’ve once left an impression on the public as something they once did got everyone talking
- A hint in one of their VTs includes a perfume bottle that was labelled ‘Interest’ by KK.
- They also once said: “Do I care what people think? Honestly, I don’t give a dame.”
- Mushrooms career started out a ‘little bit fizzy’
- In one videotape, the time on the clock showed 01:28 along with a judge’s gavel with them saying “I just want to bring peace and love, man.”
- They informed viewers that they are always interested in learning and growing their roots
- Mushroom once said: “I’ve been lucky to be able to leave my forest and plant myself in lots of exciting places far from home”
- Likes to “start new things and try new lives”
It seems that the main guess for Mushroom is Charlotte Church.
Other names that have been suggested include: Jodie Comer, Jade Thirwall and Kerry Katona.
Here are the key clues for Robobunny so far:
- “I might be made of metal but that doesn’t stop me making a splash”
- In one video we got the hint of ‘Ctrl, alt, delete’
- In another clip we saw a police badge, cowboy boots and a builders’ hat
- A QR code on the side of their costume which takes you to a site which says ‘my royal barcode is 200019992003’
- They are from a large family
- ‘Papa Bunny’ is the one who inspired them
- People are often remarking ‘Isn’t she good’ at them
- They revealed they’ve once reinvented themselves.
The most popular guess for Robobunny is Westlife’s Mark Feehily.
However, other names suggested include Alfie Boe and Craig McLachlan
- Panda said they’ve gone in a ‘new direction’ and highlighted their ‘solitary’ nature.
- Once held up a sign which said ‘I love you Bear-y much.
- Spoken about a skincare routine and possible having their own producs.
- Sang the song Story of My Life by One Direction
- Spelt out writer in blocks once.
- Said before: “Sometimes you find a fork in the road and you make a choice to explore another avenue. You thought you were going in one direction, but you find yourself going another, and that’s exciting.”
- Described themselves as an “introverted extrovert”
- “This won’t be the first time I’ve connected to these creatures”
The main guess for Panda is former Girls Aloud member Cheryl Cole.
However, throughout the series Kirsten Bell and Nicole Scherzinger have been mentioned.
To get the latest showbiz news from WalesOnline sent straight to your inbox sign up for our What’s On newsletter here .